For over a hundred years in the central Piazza Tasso, and one of the great tourist venues in Sorrento, it was mentioned as early as 1920 in the “L’Italie en volume” guide published by the French
touring club. Opened as “Al Campidoglio” but known as “O’ Canonico” for the first owner’s ecclesiastic past, it was originally a cantina – a “cellar” where local wines were served with simple,
traditional dishes, the recipes of which have survived to this day.
It produces over 50 types of traditional peasant rosolio and its wine list is as thick as a book