During an epidemic in Palermo in the early twentieth century,
patrons noticed the restorative powers of an excellent consommé.
The trattoria that made it became famous as “the doctor’s”, from
the white coats worn by the owners, who also imparted wise
advice on health matters. It is a Liberty-style institution in
Palermo. In 1940, Countess Franca Tasca d’Almerita sent for the
consommé for soups at the palace, and the boiled meat and
potatoes won over Rod Steiger, Raf Vallone, Claudia Cardinale
and Renata Tebaldi. The passion of four generations in the
kitchens, five in the dining room.