A jewel of the Liberty style: the building, rooms, windows, furnishings, statues, paintings and objects all have a D’Annunzio aura about them. In 1909 it was grandpa Giuseppe, who trained in Rome at Prince Torlonia’s and became director of the Reale Albergo San Marco in Ravenna, who purchased the “Stallatico del Gallo con Locanda e Osteria” of 1866 and turned it into a legend. Destroyed by bombs in 1944, it immediately came back to life in the only house left in the street. It is an institution: a stopping place on the Mille Miglia race, Dubcek, Rostropovich, and Montalban all came here, while Muti is a regular. Exquisitely elegant. It is now run by the fourth generation.