Stendhal came to this splendid icon of the bounteous Superba and its 18th-19th-century shops, in search of the Morello-cherry liqueur he was so fond of. In the most aristocratic of ancient alleyways, just near the steam-ship berths, it was a favourite haunt of travellers. After being closed and sealed from 1979 to 2006, it has retained all its original rooms with their Charles X furnishings in maple and rosewood, and the marble floor made to a design by Peter Paul Rubens. It was purchased and restored by the Cavo family, who have been producing for five generations the historic Amaretti di Voltaggio, a registered tradename since 1931.
Via di Fossatello 35R e 37R, 16124 Genova (GE)
- Alessandro Cavo - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map