The most quintessentially English tearoom in Italy, it was opened in Via Due Macelli by Anne Mary Babington and Isabel Cargill for the English-speaking community in Rome, and in 1896 it moved to Piazza di Spagna, right next to the steps leading up to Trinità dei Monti. The Savoys came here, as did Palazzeschi, Fellini, Bergman, and Minelli. During the twenty years of Fascism, the little room at the end was a meeting-place for anti-Fascist intellectuals, while party officials sat in the front room. In a late-nineteenth-century British style, its ancient fireplace is often lit in winter, and it offers over thirty blends of tea specially created for the waters of Trevi. Run by the fourth-generation Mrs Cargill.
Piazza di Spagna 23, 00187 Roma (RM)
- Chiara Bedini - Proprietor
||Click on the icon
to view the map