A city institution, it was in this elegant salon under the nineteenth-century arcades of Piazza Galimberti that the “Cuneesi al rhum” chocolates, of Europe-wide fame, were invented. In 1954, Hemingway was advised to come here by his publisher, Arnoldo Mondadori, and the writer had time for an aperitif when he and his wife Mary stopped to buy a couple of kilos on their way to Nice. In 1963, Monicelli came here to shoot scenes for The Organizer with Mastroianni and Annie Girardot. With its own traditional pastry kitchen, and its original 1930s shop windows and furnishings, it has been run by the founder’s family for three generations.
Piazza Galimberti 14, 12100 Cuneo (CN)
- Famiglia Arione - Proprietor
||Click on the icon
to view the map