This is a magical place in the heart of the mountains, with a huge fireplace and ancient barrel vault painted with stars, a terrace overlooking the lake, and a little marina. Heir to the ancient “crotti” on Lake Como – natural cavities in the rock where food and wine were stored – the licence shows that in 1849 Luigi Andina was selling wine here, before he opened the establishment to the public. In about 1930, it was the headquarters of the most elusive band of smugglers, who would blend in among the wood cutters and stone quarrymen who used to come here. Restored in the most beautiful taste, it is a shrine of ancient Lake Como recipes.
Via Regina 73, 22010 Brienno (CO)
- Francesco Cavadini - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map