Italy's oldest distillery, in the family for seven generations. An eighteenth-century grapperia on the famous Palladio Bridge, it is a treasure-house of antique interiors, furnitures, stills and pages of Italian history. Napoleonic cannon-shot sounded the retreat of Archduke John of Austria in 1809, and the famous song recalls how it witnessed the passing of the Alpini Corps during the Great War, when Hemingway discovered and appreciated it as a Red Cross volunteer. President De Gasperi opened the reconstructed bridge in 1948 and toasted it with the Nardini grappa so loved by D'Annunzio and Duse, and by the Queen Mother.
Ponte Vecchio 2, 36061 Bassano del Grappa (VI)
- Giuseppe Nardini - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map