Originally an inn with stabling in a former outhouse of the Monteortone monastery, it has maintained the little building with a small hall in the late-nineteenth-century style and the arbour with centuries-old mulberry and wisteria, which formed the ancient trattoria. Legend has it that Galileo, Goethe, Casanova, Tommaseo, and Fogazzaro all stopped by, as did D’Annunzio when he left from the nearby S. Pelagio airstrip for his flight over Vienna in 1918. Brought to fame in about 1960 by the journalist Orio Vergani, the founder of the Accademia Italiana della Cucina, it is a symbol of the culinary tradition of Padua.
Via Carromatto 2, 35038 Torreglia (PD)
||Click on the icon
to view the map