Napoleon came here as commander of the Armée d'Italie at the end of May 1796, and sent the Austrians packing beyond the Mincio. In 1848 it witnessed the clash between the Piedmontese under General De Sonnaz and the Austrians. Mentioned as a tavern in 1407 in the sales contract of the "Feudo di Borghetto" to the Venetian aristocrat Contarini, it marked the border between the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the Republic of Venice. It was here that Visconti shot the battle scenes of "Senso". Its "agnolotti", a recipe imported from Mantua and revisited early last century, are part of its history. Four generations, since 1919.
Via Michelangelo 12 Borghetto, 37067 Valeggio sul Mincio (VR)
- Gabriele Bertaiola - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map