An exquisitely elegant Liberty-style building giving onto the sea in Isola di Ortigia, the old part of town and once a port of call for great liners, it embodies the history of early-twentieth-century luxury tourism. The hotel was first mentioned, for its “musical and dancing evenings”, in the “Gazzetta di Siracusa” of 20 January 1900. The middle-classes and aristocracy met here for the first cinema screenings and for balls and fashion shows, and artists on tour would come from the contemporary Teatro Comunale. Sumptuously restored, it still preserves a section of the Spanish Walls and archaeological finds.
Viale Mazzini 12, 96100 Siracusa (SR)
- Andrea Corso - Managing director
- Filippo Marchese - Director
||Click on the icon
to view the map