A splendid example of Italian Art Nouveau, it was built by Ernesto Basile as the Hotel de la Paix in the 1891 National Exhibition complex, where it became the centre of social life, with menus offering European dishes for the first time. Reopened with “Sicilian Spring” celebrations under the auspices of Casa Florio, it became the Excelsior in 1903. Embodying the supreme elegance of the Belle Époque, its guests included Oscar of Prussia, Edward VII, and Captain Dreyfus after his famous “case”.
Via Marchese Ugo 3, 90141 Palermo (PA)
- Gruppo Acqua Marcia Turismo -
- Alessandro Innocenti - General manager
||Click on the icon
to view the map