In Via Calzaioli, where it started out as the "Bottega dei Pani Dolci", in 1848 the staff joined the crowd to bid the volunteers farewell as they left for Curtatone and Montanara, the battle that symbolised patriotism against Austria. When it moved to Via degli Speziali, it enticed Lina Cavalieri and Fregoli, who performed at the Trianon opposite. In the early twentieth century it became the elegant café of "ordered" intellectuals in the turbulent square of Futurism. Carducci used to stop by and Prezzolini would meet his publishers from "La Voce". In a splendid Liberty style, with frescoed ceilings, wall panelling, arches and a majestic counter.
Via Roma 1/R, 50123 Firenze (FI)
- Famiglia Valenza - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map