Papini, Soffici and Palazzeschi debated here in 1914 in favour of intervention against Austria; Cesare Battisti dropped in to cheers from the crowd, and Salvemini came in a loden coat with piping. Dino Campana brashly sold his "Orphic Songs" here and Montale was a regular from 1929 to '38, when he ran the Gabinetto Viesseux. Rosai used to draw in hushed silence. Then came Bilenchi, Bigongiari, Luzi and all the cultural world through to the present day. In 1941 it changed from Liberty to Art Deco; very elegant, with majestic interiors and exteriors, and the "caffè concerto" on the square. A listed building since 1991.
Piazza della Repubblica 6, 50123 Firenze (FI)
- Famiglia Valenza - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map