Designed and built by Josef Munsch and Carl Lun, two of the great masters of the Liberty style in Merano, it takes us back in time to the Belle Époque. The garden, architectonics, façades, halls and even the 1929 cabin-lift are splendidly preserved as they were. A winter resort for wealthy German, Austrian and Hungarian guests, it was renovated and adorned with Jugendstil decorations in 1914, changing its name from Hotel Austria after the Great War. Like all the major hotels in the city, it was transformed into a military hospital during both world wars. It is also a beauty farm and a top-class spa.
Via Gilm 2, 39012 Merano (BZ)
- Elisabetta Amort-Ellmenreich - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map