In Via Calzaioli, where it started out as the “Bottega dei Pani Dolci”, in 1848 the staff joined the crowd to bid volunteer soldiers farewell as they left for Curtatone and Montanara, the battle that symbolised the patriotic fight against Austria. When it moved to Via degli Speziali, it enchanted Lina Cavalieri and Fregoli, who performed at the famous Trianon opposite. In the early twentieth century, in the turbulent square of Florentine Futurism, it became the elegant café of “ordered” intellectuals, where Carducci used to stop by and Prezzolini enjoyed meeting his publishers from La Voce.
Via Roma 1/R, 50123 Firenze (FI)
- Famiglia Valenza - Licensee
||Click on the icon
to view the map