This is where Wagner completed Parsifal and in 1885 Prime Minister Francesco Crispi gave lectures on political science in the hall of this building. After the Allies landed in Sicily, Colonel Poletti, head of the Allied Military Command, established his headquarters in the hotel. Built over a noble palace it was converted into a hotel by Basile, the architect of liberty style. Basile designed the inlaid ceiling in the "Fireplace Hall", similar to the inlaid ceiling he planned for Montecitorio, the House of Parliament in Rome.
Via Roma 398, 90139 Palermo (PA)
- Gruppo Acqua Marcia Turismo S.p.A -
- Giovanni Sapienza - General manager
||Click on the icon
to view the map